Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beauty Inspires

If you want to get inspired, look for beauty. Just looking for it will raise your inspiration level higher than you're used to. Finding it will lift it another notch. Actually taking time to appreciate what you have found, will send your inspiration level through the strosphere. Then, if you want to prolong this state, share what you've discovered with a few friends. Do these four things everyday and you will grow into a more appreciative human being. So, look, discover, appreciate, and share. Make this your mantra and you will appreciate the results.

So where do you look for and find beauty? When someone asks me where to look, I tell them to open their eyes. Beauty is everywhere. E-V-E-R-Y-W-W-H-E-R-E. I live in a suburb where every house, yard, street and gutter looks about the same. Yet, there is beauty here. Sometimes I sit in my office and watch the the leaves dance on the trees. I like the way the sun filters through them and the way the light and shadows sparkle while I do nothing but breath. I might listen to a Bethoven symphony or to the wind whistle around the house. Listening for beauty is for some even more powerful than seeing it. Finally, you may want to create it. There is nothing more inspiring than creating beauty that resonates deeply with your own being. A garden, a spiral walkway, a clay pot, a poem or piece of music, a rearrangement of your furniture, a new form of expression, say a dance or gesture are all ways you may create beauty in you life.

Once you find or create beauty, take time to ponder and appreciate it. If I cannot find it in my front yard, I may walk a mile to the lake and watch the herring take flight, flapping and gliding and landing on the silvery surface. I may watch for twenty or thirty minutes until my worries and edginess fade. Enjoying it for a few moments magnifies the pleasure and gives the endorphins time to respond.

Finally, relive what you have pondered. Tell someone you sat at the potter's wheel and created a coffee mug you admire. Offer to create one for your friend. That way beauty is spread and with it a little inspriration for the both of you.



Nature's Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment